Scootish hut art

It is quite fascinating how can you create 3D looking image in 2D. Starting from the idea of going to the creation of any kinds of imaginary worlds. I spent lots of time on this Scottish house, but it was a nice training for the digital painting practice.

1. You work on your idea, shape, collecting the items which will be present in your object.
2. Linework, making sure you can easily read the image including the small details.
3. Setting up the shadows and light, time to place all the light reflection points.
4. Ambient Occlusion - pointing the dark point in the connections of the details, self  - shadowing.
5. Coloring. Making sure we have one tone of colors.
6. Rendering. Adding the textures, points of the attention.

My hut is still in process, I need to finish my render and work on the background. Few steps which are helping to create amazing art.




Comments

  1. I see!! Wow!!! this is the best drawing lesson so far!!!! And I can understand work flow how to draw an object. I like to use this flow when I do drawings. Such a nice house!!! (By Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hut design! And the way you described the work flow is very clear. (also I like how you put in a picture of all the different stages of the work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny Sonchik,

    I must say the results are speaking for it. It has become a really nice looking scootish hut. And i think with this painting you could easily create a 3D version of the hut as well. Great work!

    Although the workflow process you described is good but its really a global description on the steps you took to create this.

    I would really love to hear more about the process, like for example what software/ hardware did you use to make this and what sort of effect is used to create the ambient occlusion? I see in the first image the hut is standing on a raster, did you draw it in or is this part of some 3D software you used?

    Other than that. I can't wait to see more of your work!
    GreetingZ RJP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Remon,
      It would be quite interesting to try to model this hut in 3D. Will work well in a Highlands like environment.
      The software I used is SAI (not SAE, lol ), it is way simplier than Photoshop, I would say it is ideal for illustrations with the great opportunities to work with color. And, to say the truth, I would prefer to work on Art class-like projects in this program.
      No 3D programs involved, just used a separate layer where I placed a raster on.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunny, this looks really good! I really love that you actually worked on the different maps as if it was a 3d project, and I also appreciate the style :)
    I wish though that there were more details about your choices regarding brushes, blending modes or references (If you had any).
    Take care and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment